Combination skin is the trickiest skin type to care for in my opinion, because of the mere fact that such skin type make us to deal with two very different issues (oily and dry) at once. It is the width of the T-zone, which determines whether the skin is combination-oily or combination-dry. More active oil secreting T-zone means you have combination-oily and a comparatively drier forehead indicates combination dry skin.
Cleansing is the first step to clear and impressive skin. Mentioned below are few homemade cleansers that will help you clean your skin effectively and gently.
Home Remedies For Dry Skin:
- Take 1/2 cup of chickpea powder and add to this, 1/2 cup of raw milk and 1 tea spoon of turmeric. Blend all ingredients well and then apply this mask on your face and neck. Wash off with lukewarm water after 2 minutes or so.
- Gram flour is an excellent facial cleansing agent. You can mix curd/milk/malai in besan (gram flour) to cleanse your face daily. Cleansing our face with gram flour improves your complexion too. So use gram flour in your beauty regime as natural face cleanser and get clean, soft and fair skin.
- Honey is a very good cleanser for combination skin. Put a few drops of lemon juice in one tablespoon of honey. Apply it on your face and gently massage for a minute or two. Wash your face with normal water.
- Take a ripe tomato, 2 teaspoon of milk and one teaspoon of orange juice. Now blend all the ingredients in a mixer and your facial cleanser is ready. Apply on the face for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with water. You can freeze this cleanser for multiple use.
- Try yogurt to gently clean your face. Yogurt contains alpha hydroxy acid, which helps lift dead skin from your skin and leave it soft and moisturised. To cleanse your face with yogurt, use a quarter-sized amount and apply it as you would apply soap on your face.